MSE Microbial Paste Probiotic Supplement
contains a high concentration of probiotics, along with the addition of essential vitamins, in a paste
form that is easily wiped on the food or directly in the pet's mouth if the pet is not eating.
We've had first-hand experience with the exceptional benefits of this probiotic supplement: Kitty was taken in as a stray and had a chronic upper
respiratory infection; her breathing was labored and wheezy. A number of treatments from different veterinarians didn't resolve the problem.
After smearing Microbial Paste on her gums for three days, the problem cleared right up! She wouldn't readily eat the paste, but it was easy to smear
a little on her gums, and she didn't seem to mind it too much. The difference was astonishing and the problem never returned. Read more about her story:
Microbial Paste is recommended for sick or stressed pets. It is intended to be used on an
as-needed basis for the duration of an illness or stressful situation. Sicker pets should be fed larger amounts or be fed
more frequently. MSE Microbial Paste can also be used preventatively before a stressful situation.
Microbial Paste has a similar concentration of bacteria as
Liquid Rescue, but can
be applied on gums and lips if the pet is not eating, or can be smeared on the fur if the pet is still grooming.
|Guaranteed LIVE Cultures!|
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Lactobacillus casei
- Streptococcus faecium
- Bacillus subtilis
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Aspergillus niger
- Aspergillus oryzae fermentation products
INGREDIENTS: Lactobacillus acidophilus,
Lactobacillus casei, Streptococcus faecium, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Bifidobacterium longum, Bacillus subtilis,
Dried Aspergillus oryzae fermentation products, Aspergillus niger, bifidobacterium,
citric acid, D-glucose, vitamin A acetate, deactivated animal sterol (source of vitamin D3),
DL-alpha-tocopherol acetate (vitamin E), menadione dimethylpyriminol bisulfate (vitamin K),
B12 supplement, yucca schidigera extract, cane molasses, biotin, thiamine mononitrate,
pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), d-calcium pantothenate, folic acid, riboflavin, niacin,
ascorbic acid, chicory, sodium bentonite, pectin, mineral oil, honey.
|Lactobacillus acidophilus||1,800 Million CFU/tsp|
|Lactobacillus casei||1,800 Million CFU/tsp|
|Streptococcus faecium||1,800 Million CFU/tsp|
|Saccharomyces cerevisiae||536 Million CFU/tsp|
|Bifidobacterium longum||90 Million CFU/tsp|
|Vitamin A||15,000 IU/tsp|
|Vitamin D3||3,000 IU/tsp|
|Vitamin E||150 IU/tsp|
|Vitamin K||7.5 mg/tsp|
|Vitamin B12||26 mcg/tsp|
|Folic Acid||2.3 mg/tsp|
|Thiamin (Vitamin B1)||16 mg/tsp|
|Vitamin B6||14 mg/tsp|
|Pantothenic acid||23 mg/tsp|
|Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)||40 mg/tsp|
|CFU/tsp: Colony-Forming Units per teaspoon (1 teaspoon = 5 cc)|
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR CRITICALLY ILL PETS:
- Microbial Paste comes in a tube with a plunger; lines on the
plunger indicate when a "cubic centimeter" (cc) has been squeezed out; 5 cc equals 1 teaspoon—it's very easy to tell how much you've fed.
- Simply squeeze the paste directly on your pet's food, using the lines on the plunger to measure the amount.
- For best results, use at least once daily; the daily amount may be split between meals or given throughout the day.
- Start with a quarter of the normal feeding amount shown below for three days, then increase by another quarter amount each day for three days.
- If your pet has loose stools, decrease the feeding amount for a few days, and increase every three days.
- Palatability: Microbial Paste is less palatable than MSE Daily Boost,
MSE Natural Defense, or MSE Natural Defense Soluble
because it contains vitamins. Vitamins are an important supplement for
sick pets; however, vitamins taste bitter. Some pets, especially cats, will not consume it voluntarily. You may need to coax them to eat it:
- Mix it with their favorite food.
- Mix it with milk.
- Add it to a mixture of milk and egg.
- Squeeze it onto their gums.
- The feeding amount may be safely doubled or even tripled for those animals that are very ill, severely stressed, or receiving antibiotics.
- If your pet is taking antibiotics, probiotics can be essential in repopulating the intestinal microflora that antibiotics may destroy.
Antibiotics can also destroy probiotics so we strongly recommend that you feed twice the normal amount of probiotics, and
feed the probiotics at least four hours apart from the antibiotics. Probiotics can prevent secondary infections and may help the animal recover
- If your pet is not eating, see your veterinarian IMMEDIATELY.
- Microbial Paste contains a combination of vitamins and probiotics that
can be significantly beneficial to pets with severely compromised health.
- Critically ill pets may be fed as much as three times the normal amount for up to three days; do not feed at this amount for more than three days;
the vitamins can accumulate and cause adverse effects.
- It's imperative that you consult with your veterinarian and
read these instructions carefully. Print this information and show it to your veterinarian.
|Small cats||1/2 teaspoon per day.|
|Medium/large cats||1 teaspoon per day.|
|Dogs (up to 100 pounds)||1 teaspoon per day.|
|Large dogs (over 100 pounds)||2 teaspoons per day.|
For best results, keep sealed and refrigerated (do not freeze). If stored properly, this product will remain viable for one year.
Note: MSE Microbial Paste compliments all veterinary therapies, but should not
be used instead of professional care.